Magens Bay --San Thomas

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Internal Control Freak…


I think, I could have been a control freak. I was making my own decisions since I was at the age of fourteen. I managed my own allowance as I was away from home for high school then College. Plus I was in charge of my siblings when they were in College. My mom used to call and discussed family matters with me as well since my father passed away when I was nineteen. I used to hold a Senior Management role and that didn’t help either. Then there is my hubby who would let me run the world if he could. –I do discuss things with him. Just that he gave me so much power, if you know what I mean …

Then I have my children. Of course! I have power over them. You kidding me. I am their mom :-) Wrong! They taught me through their negotiation skills. So the good news is, I am NOT a control freak. –Whew! Besides it is not a fun character to have. Or is it? 

Courtesy of zazzle.co.uk
I don’t like being controlled by anyone. (Period.) nor do I want to be a control freak! But, I do want to take control of my life, my emotions before it started to control me. Well … they did already. Now, I am planning to empower myself to take over. 

You see … For the past 2-3 years now. I was being controlled by this ‘desire.’ Desire to watch drama, even if it meant losing more sleeps. Then I was being controlled by this ‘laziness.’ I just didn’t feel like doing anything. The more I was being controlled, the more I have turned myself into ‘coach potato.’ I was totally being controlled by my negative ‘desire.’ Desire to do things that are not relevant to my life. Before I knew it, I have placed my higher priority items lower and lower into the list and they aresomewhat suffering some consequences.--Sometimes it is okay to take a break or being lazy, but not being totally controlled by them tho. In another words, doing them in moderation is fine. The key here is to take control what we are doing and not being controlled.

I guess being a control freak is okay as long as what we are trying to control is ourselves not others. I hope you enjoy this journey with me visiting the Internal Control Freak. I would like to know what your thoughts on this topic...

If you enjoy my blogs, would you come 'Like' me on my FB fan page: https://www.facebook.com/AngelJourneyofLife --Thank you!

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment