Magens Bay --San Thomas

Monday, December 5, 2011

Waiting ...


“Waaa!” from the moment babies are born, crying is the only way for them to describe what they need instantly to the time when they ask us, “are we there yet?” We have expressed how we, human, do not like to wait from the second we open our eyes to this world. I am not sure whether this has anything to do our inability to wait or we simply don’t have one.

Let’s face it, no one like to wait. Waiting seems forever if we don’t even know when the end would be. It gets a little bit better when we know how long the delay would be, like sitting in the waiting room waiting for our turns to be seen by our physicians. Perhaps we know eventually there would be our turns.

Normally I don’t pick up my girls daily as one very kind mom would help me to do so. One day, I was picking up my younger girl from her school. I was waiting and waiting and still didn’t see her. I went to the school office and I asked for the school attendant to make an announcement and still she didn’t show up. I started to panic and all of the negative thoughts were flowing thru my mind. What if … what if ... and I almost cried, literally. I could feel my soggy voice in my throat. There was not any signal for my cell either. I borrowed school office’s phone to call any possible numbers including her cell phone and she was not there and her cell phone was turned off.

It doesn’t matter how much older we get; we never seem to acquire the skill of waiting. We merely learn to cope with it because we know there is nothing much we could do. We simply don’t like to wait whether for good or bad news. The longer we wait, the longer we are unsure whether the wait will come to end.

At the same time, there is always something exciting waiting for us if we wait long enough. Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all. Perhaps things will pan out the way we want if we wait just a little bit longer. Perhaps all of the uncertainty will fade away as we are waiting.

I decided to go on and picked up my older one and there I saw both of them waiting for me in a spot where they usually meet to be picked up by the other mom. My younger one simply had forgotten to inform me. Guess what! It didn’t matter to me nor was I mad. Seeing her was the greatest reward for my waiting.

Next time when we are waiting for someone or something, perhaps we would remember this thought as there are always rewards for our waiting.

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

4 comments:

  1. Wow... You handle it well...i was screaming when Ithought Charlotte was lost while shopping in Nordstrom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. Suely ! I agree with your blog above , after a man or a women has married and then get one or two or three children ( like me now hahaha ) , from that time we work just for their life even love them more than other !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would in your case since Charlotte is still so young. I didn't know what to do that day either but I still have slightest hope in my heart that thing will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natanael,
    Thanks for the comment. You are a fine parent!

    ReplyDelete