Magens Bay --San Thomas

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I wish I had stayed in touched with my friends …


“I wish I had stayed in touched with my friends,” is one of the Top Five Regrets of the Dying by T Kelly dated December 1, 2011. She mentioned in her blog that “Often they would not truly realize the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying.”

Looking back, I was always surrounded by friends ever since when I was young. I have close friends from elementary schools all the way to high school. Then time passed and I was too busy with my own life. Having children had literally taken away all the time in the world from me. One by one, I have lost in touch with them. 

Until many years ago, I bumped into my high school's mailing list. Thru there, I met my old  friends (again) and new friends. Little did I know, this was the avenue to the everlasting friendship that we have. This group of people is so together and they meet yearly and go on vacation together. In every milestone, they put together reunions to gather all of us from all of over the world. We (they) even bought land together so we could build the ultimate retirement house where we could grow old together and still have friends. What a noble idea!

Even without all of that elaborate friendship, we still don’t have to face the dying with the regret of not having our close friends with us. When there is a will, there is a way, so they say. Having lunch here and there, dropping email, perhaps a phone call and best of all Face Book does it all. Social Networking has shaped the way friends keeping in touch with friends.

--courtesy of idiotsandgenious.blogspot.com

Hope this blog will inspire all of us to set aside some time to spend with our friends as our children are not getting younger and eventually they will have their own circle of friends. We need to uncover our own circle so we could fulfill the emptiness where our children had left or would leave behind.

Just like this journey, I don’t ever feel alone any longer, as every step I take, you are with me. Thank you, friends!

Until next stop,
Journey of Life

2 comments:

  1. So true... good friendship indeed is hard to find.. A yearly vacation is a great idea... for our case, since our childhood friends are too far away, it is hard for Kimberly and Charlotte to travel there and it s hard for me to leave them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I guess we can make our own circles here to make our life easier. Though childhood friends are so much to treasure ...

    ReplyDelete